1. Adult Coloring - The coloring fad of a couple of years ago was right up my alley. I love the peacefulness of coloring and the ability to be creative without having to have drawing skills. I have discovered that there are all kinds of techniques to coloring and numerous ways to become better at it.
2. Coloring Cart - In keeping with my coloring hobby, I recently bought a cart to organize all my supplies. I love seeing everything all neat and organized and accessible! Plus it's much easier to clean up my mess now!
4. Planning a vacation - My husband and I don't always take a vacation during the summer, but this year we are planning a pretty big trip. We are planning to go west into New Mexico then north through Colorado and Wyoming. We're going to stop at Yellowstone and then cut across Montana to the Dakotas and visit Mt. Rushmore. We really enjoy scenic drives, and plan to see as many sights as we can along the way. So far, the planning has been almost as much fun as actually taking the trip. Do you have any suggestions for any "can't miss" attractions on our route?
5. Back-list books - Summer seems to be a good time to catch up on series that I may have missed when they first came out. This year I have dived into J.D. Robb's In Death Series. I am on the 7th one now, Holiday in Death, and I have about 40 more to go, so they should keep me busy for awhile!
6. Rediscovering Crochet - I used to enjoy handcrafts - particularly cross-stitch and crochet - but hadn't done a new project in a long time. My mother gave me an afghan kit for my birthday this year and I have really enjoyed working on it. It is worked in strips and I have finished 2 of the 9 strips. It will be a pretty plaid pattern when it is finished!
Full Disclosure: The idea for this post came from Modern Mrs. Darcy - a bookish blog by Anne Bogel.