Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chance's Corner: Texas Traveler

It's been awhile since I've hit the road and had some fun. I've just been super busy here at the Franklin County Library ever since the holidays swept through, but this past weekend I decided I needed some TLC. I didn't have to go very far this time. For the Chinese New Year, Fair Park in Dallas is hosting the Chinese Lantern Festival until February 17th. You may not be Chinese, but I'd definitely recommend going to see this beautiful festival. As I usually do, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.





 


 

 

 
 
If you look very closely, you can see that this structure is entirely made up of plates, cups, saucers and spoons!



 
Ancient Chinese Carving

 
Palm Leaf Weaver
 
 
 
The Wishing Tree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment