Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Inventory

Anybody who has ever worked in retail knows the joys of inventory.  I (Julie) have never had that pleasure, but I learned all about inventory when I came to the library.  For the first several years of my employment, we were pretty random about inventory, but four years ago we decided to do it all at one time, in the summer.  It's a BIG job and it has been mostly the responsibility of our summer help, but this year, the bulk of it fell to Christian.


Today she is finishing up the last section, the children's area.  We saved the kids' area for last so we would be done with summer reading before we started.  It's not the easiest section to inventory, but so far Christian isn't complaining!  She claims to even enjoy it!  Finishing the children's section will mean that Christian, (with a little help), has inventoried over 16,000 items this summer.  I consider that a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment