Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Chance's Corner: Oscars Results 2017


Another year, another shocking Best Picture winner! Thankfully, it wasn't because Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were given the wrong envelope again. While I predicted that Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri would win Best Picture at the 90th Academy Awards, the Academy must have decided it won enough awards at all the other award ceremonies, because they decided to choose The Shape of Water, instead. I wouldn't have been surprised if they chose Lady Bird, but The Shape of Water? Okay... I can't really judge Guillermo del Toro's fantasy film about a woman and a fish (excuse me, amphibian-humanoid) falling in love, because I haven't seen it, but I do think it's an interesting choice. Honestly, I actually thought Warren had goofed up again as a joke! But here we are, and the joke's still going. Oh well, congrats to The Shape of Water! As for the other categories, there were really no surprises, and my predictions were spot-on! I'm no soothsayer, though, hence the wrong Best Picture prediction, so don't ask me for any lottery numbers!

The Shape of Water will be available for check out at the Franklin County Library later this month. Other big Oscar winners, such as Coco, I, Tonya, and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri will soon be available, as well. Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049 and Darkest Hour are available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment