Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Julie's Journal : Bookish Christmas Gift Ideas

So I just realized that Christmas is exactly three weeks away!!  Eeek!  I am not ready, at all.  I still have several gifts to buy, but I am finding it difficult to think of unique ideas for my people.  If you're having the same quandry, let me give you a few small ideas for the bookish people in your life.

1.  If you can read this, bring me my book socks.  I bought these last year from Etsy and not only are they cute, they are comfortable too!


2.  First and last line bookmarks - Also from Etsy, these are high quality, but they come from England, so you'd probably need to order now to get them before Christmas.


3.  Library Tote Bag - Lisa brought these tote bags back from a conference and we love them.  They are super cute for carrying your library books!
5.  Litographs - I have coveted something (anything) from Litographs for years but have never actually bought anything.  They have prints, t-shirts, tote bags, scarves, blankets, and pillows.  Each product has the entire text of a book printed on it around an image from the story.  There are lots of different books to choose from.

6.  Personalized Book Embosser - I still have a few books that my grandfather marked with his personalized embosser and I love running across them.  For the person who keeps books forever in their own personal library, this might be the perfect gift!  Etsy has several options.


7.  Books! - If you don't know what someone likes to read, give them a copy of your favorite book and make a date to discuss it when they have read it!  The most recent book I've read that I'd love to discuss with someone is The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern.  It is a lovely fantasy book that is as much about the setting as it is the actual story. 



I hope I've given you a few ideas for gifts or splurges for yourself!  Let me know if anything on the list appeals to you!








No comments:

Post a Comment