Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Julie's Journal : New E-book Purchases

Are you in the mood for a good read?  I've added nearly 60 titles to our e-book collection in the last month!  

I just checked out The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, by Kim Richardson.  I'm excited about reading it after hearing it and a similar novel, The Giver of Stars, discussed in the library.  The Giver of Stars, by Jojo Moyes is available as both a e-book and an e-audio book.  There is some controversy over the similarities of the two books and whether one author might have lifted parts of her story from the other.  I found this article about the controversy interesting.    

I'm also interested in reading Dear Edward, by Ann Napolitano, a new release about a boy who is the sole survivor of an airplane crash.  

Truly Devious and The Vanishing Stair, by Maureen Johnson are an interesting looking new Young Adult mystery series.  I hope to find time for them in the near future, too.

I've been enjoying books by Marisa de los Santos.  I just finished I'll Be Your Blue Sky which is a romance and mystery set in two different time periods.  I've decided that I really enjoy the story telling style of using multiple time-periods.  I'd like to read both Love Walked In and Belong to Me soon.  

The Day the World Came to Town, by Jim DeFede is one I've seen several times as being recommended or put on hold by our patrons.  It tells the true story of Gander, Newfoundland in Canada in the days after 9/11.  38 jetliners landed at the international airport there, and the town rallied around the Americans who were stranded while American airspace was closed.  

Other titles that I purchased this time include : Ali Cross, by James Patterson, A Better Man, by Louise Penny, Child's Play, by Danielle Steel,  The Dutch House, by Ann Patchett, The Family Upstairs, by Lisa Jewell, A Minute to Midnight, by David Baldacci, The Night Fire, by Michael Connelly, The Pioneers, by David McCullough, Anxious for Nothing, by Max Lucado,  Lavender & Mistletoe, by Donna Kaufman, and more!

I hope that I've added books that interest you!  I'll be buying e-books again soon, so if there's something you particularly want you can use the Recommend feature in Overdrive/Libby or just give me a call and let me know what you are wanting.  I'll do my best to fulfill as many requests as possible.    


No comments:

Post a Comment