Thursday, January 12, 2017

Chance's Corner: Ding Dong! The Wicked 2016 is Dead!

No year has ever looked better than 2017. It's a year full of hope. It's the light at the end of a very long tunnel called 2016. Sure, it's only a number, but 2016 was such a downright malicious year.

2016 started off with a real bang for me. I found myself being rushed to the ER with a case of kidney stones within the first three weeks of January (and five days before my birthday). Then in March, I had to have oral surgery, which left me with a big black eye. During two months of recovery, I could only eat soup and soft foods, and I couldn't even brush my teeth. Ick!

2016 also seemed to hold a personal grudge against celebrities. It claimed the lives of music legends Prince, David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Merle Haggard, Leonard Cohen, Bobby Vee and George Michael, while also targeting big screen legends such as Alan Rickman, Patty Duke, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and Gene Wilder. If that wasn't enough, 2016 also took away our TV mom, Florence Henderson, our TV dad, Alan Thicke, our TV grandmother, Doris Roberts, and real-life mother/daughter duo Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher. Yes, time marches on, and our idols must get older, but so many were lost that still had so much life to give. Many were just in their 60s and 70s, while up-and-coming stars, Christina Grimmie and Anton Yelchin, were just in their 20s.

The evil of 2016 was felt by many, and as a result, a slew of memes (humorous images) flourished. Here are a few examples:


So, here's to a new year, and hopefully 2017 won't deal any major blows to our health and hearts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment