Friday, March 22, 2013

At Home With Bethany : Skillet Chicken Parmesan

Happy Friday, Y'all! I don't know about you, but I'm glad the weekend is here! (well, almost!) Some of you may have a busy weekend planned or maybe you plan on staying home and doing only what you have to do. Either way, I have a recipe to fit your weekend schedule. Skillet Chicken Parmesan.

Let me just say, I love Italian! So far, I haven't found an Italian dish that I do not like. (okay, I do stay away from dishes that I know has stuff in it that I don't like, (for instance, eggplant) but that's ok right?)
I came across this recipe on Pinterest and just had to try it.
I had the perfect opportunity to do just that when my mom called me yesterday and asked if we wanted to have supper with them. I told her about this recipe and we decided to try it out.

It. was. wonderful.  Its fast and easy AND it's made with ingredients that most people have on hand!
Plus, the guys loved it, which is always a bonus. :)

Here's the recipe
Skillet Chicken Parmesan
 Serves 4
Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, cut in half
extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
16oz marinara sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
4oz fresh mozzarella slices
8oz ziti (or your favorite pasta)
Directions:
  1. Brush chicken breasts with oil then season on both sides with salt & pepper. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, then spray with nonstick spray. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes a side, or until golden brown (do not cook all the way through.) Remove to a plate.
  2. Turn heat down to medium, then remove skillet from burner and let cool for 1 minute. Add marinara sauce (use caution, as sauce may splatter a bit,) Parmesan cheese, and dried basil to skillet then stir to combine. Nestle chicken halves into sauce mixture then return skillet to heat, place a lid on top, and cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
  3. Heat a large pot of water then season with salt and add pasta. Cook until al dente then drain and set aside.
  4. Remove skillet from heat then top chicken with sliced mozzarella and broil until golden brown and bubbly.
  5. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
I used Ragu Roasted Garlic Marinara sauce. I did not have basil, but I seasoned the chicken with Italian seasoning, which was really good!

You can also find this recipe on our Library Pinterest board. http://pinterest.com/pin/541065342702234194/

No comments:

Post a Comment