Friday, March 8, 2013

At Home With Bethany: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Hey, Y'all! How many of you ladies (or possibly guys, too!) love to cook and make delicious meals but with the craziness of life you can't seem to find the time to prepare big meals? If that's you, then you will love this recipe! Why? Because it is very simple but so good! And guess what, it only has THREE ingredients! Another thing that I loved about this recipe is that you make it in your crock-pot. I am a huge fan of my crock-pot. :) Its so nice to be able to throw something together quickly before I leave for work and then when I get home supper is already done.

I found this recipe in an insert in our new Simple & Delicious magazine here at the library.  My husband and I were going to have a guest for lunch and I wanted to make something good. I needed it to be something easy so I decided to try this recipe. It was wonderful! It made it even better when my husband and our guest loved it!

Ok, are ya'll ready for the recipe now?! :)



Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

1 (2 pound) Pork Tenderloin (I used pork roast)

12 ounce bottle root beer

1 bottle of BBQ sauce - your choice (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)

Place pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours.

Note: The actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker.

Drain well. Stir in BBQ sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

You can top your sandwiches with slaw if you would like.

Let me know what you think!!
 
You can check this recipe out at our Pinterest Page too!http://pinterest.com/pin/541065342702175195/



1 comment: