Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chance's Corner: Texas Traveler

Have you still not taken that much-needed summer vacation you've been hoping for? Don't want to hassle with the touchy-feely TSA? Lucky for you, Texas is a sprawling vacationland waiting to be explored without breaking the bank or your comp time.
 
A lot of my travels have been right here in Texas. Very recently I took a three-day trip to Austin and the Hill Country near the Dripping Springs - Johnson City area. I've been to that area before to Pedernales Falls, but I had never been to one of the area's "best-kept secrets" called Hamilton Pool. In magazines it seemed majestic and beautiful, but I approached the trip with skepticism. I mean, filters and Photoshop can make a sewer plant look exciting.
 
With floaties and cameras in tow, I arrived at Hamilton Pool early because they only allow 75 vehicles in at a time to preserve the natural beauty of the area. It only cost me $10 to get in ($10 a vehicle). From the parking area it's a 1/4 of a mile trek down, down, down into what increasingly seemed to be the exact location where Jurassic Park was filmed. And then... BAM... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment