Monday, July 29, 2013

E-book Websites

Franklin County Library has had many requests for e-books.  This is something we desperately want to bring to the library, but right now we are still working out issues such as funding and logistics.  In the meantime, though, I thought I would let you know about a couple of websites that might help you find e-books for FREE or for less than "new book" prices.


www.dailycheapreads.com
 
Daily Cheap Reads is just what is says.  They only list books that are less than $5.00.  This is an Amazon affiliated site, but very often books that are cheap at Amazon are cheap at other book retailers as well.  Daily Cheap Reads also posts a free app of the day for Kindle or Android devices.



www.ereaderiq.com

 
eReaderiq.com is a way to track the prices on books you want.  For example, if I know that I want to purchase an e-book, but the price is more than I want to pay, I just enter it on eReaderiq.com and the site e-mails me when the book's price drops to the level I set.  They also list price drops, and free books. eReaderiq.com is also an Amazon affiliated site.




www.Gutenberg.org

 
Project Gutenberg is a good source for books whose U.S. copyright has expired.  That makes it a good place to find classic books for free.  They have a few other books whose copyright holders have allowed them to distribute their books for free.  Project Gutenberg books can be downloaded in a variety of formats for your different devices.

These are just the sites that I am familiar with.  There are probably many more out there.  If you find a good one let me know, and I'll post it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment