Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tech Tips and Tricks

Recently, while scrolling through Pinterest, I found a helpful little chart.  It lists the keyboard shortcuts for all types of special symbols.  For example, I can insert ∞, ░, Ω, ™, ♫, Œ, è, â, ♣, and ♥ into this text.  Some of the symbols would be especially helpful if you have to type in a language other than English, or occasionally use words that require an accent on a letter.   I see symbols often on Twitter as well, and never knew how to make them. 

This chart has all kind of symbols, but is by no means a comprehensive list.  I played with different number combinations while holding the Alt key and found several more.  They only seemed to work for me when I used the keypad on the right of the keyboard rather than the numbers at the top of the keyboard. 

The image is a little hard to see, but if you click on the picture it will take you to a larger image on our Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment